Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

YAY!!!

I was just proven wrong by my own search. Guess the times things are reported are simply different around the world, but the Washington Post is running an article about the Supreme Court decision today.

"The laws and Constitution are designed to survive, and remain in force, in extraordinary times," Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote. "Liberty and security can be reconciled; and in our system they are reconciled within the framework of the law."


Kennedy also wrote this, which brings a huge smile to my Amercian face (yes, I am starting to be proud to call myself American again):

Kennedy defended the role of the courts even in time of war. "The gravity of the separation-of-powers issues raised by these cases and the fact that these detainees have been denied meaningful access to a judicial forum for a period of years render these cases exceptional," he wrote.


It is interesting that the reporting is done from Rome. That's where Bush is, of course, but it seems the Washington Post could have a writer handy to visit the Supreme Court when these important things are dicussed. As I said in my previous posting - the US seems to not want to touch these stories with a ten foot pole. I hate corporations owning America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home