Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

See No Evil by Robert Baer

I finally had the opportunity to read this book. It's written in very readable prose. I'm not a big fan of the CIA and it's intervention in other countries, but then, I'm not a big fan of big business and it's interference in our government and our lives. Why taxpayers should support big business is way beyond my understanding, and in my world with me as president this would stop immediately. Of course, I'd look like Benazir Bhutto the very day I announced this much-needed reformation of American domestic and foreign policy. Yes, I believe they are tangled in very intricate manners.

Which leads me back to this book. This guy makes some horrific accusations. Against both Republicans and Democrats. No need to go into them, they've been well publicized. The point is, even with the honesty with which this book was written, no one is standing up and announcing even a minor change to the way we run our world. It's accepted, it's fact, so what? Corruption is the order under which we must live.

All of which makes me sad. To realize someone who had the ears of important people cannot make an iota of difference in the corruption of our state makes me realize there's really no place for any of us who have faith in humanity changing the world for the better. It's just not going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home