Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

More Chavez

While I am upset with Chavez for not trusting his fellow countrymen to vote for him and trying to set up a sorta monarchy for himself, I can sorta understand his lack of trust when watching our US politics. It's all about who has the most money and the best press instead of who has the best ideas. Ideas have no place in American politics, especially rational ones. So, while I wish Chavez would trust his fellow countrymen, I can see why he is paranoid - especially with world bullies using many methods of propaganda and brute force to keep ideas out of the political landscape.

All this came up because I heard Chavez' latest speech about how his country and others should "demand respect for the sovereignty of our nations" from the US. I cannot say enoujgh how much I respect and believe we should honor this statement. Our imperialism disgusts and saddens me, and it's good that there are countries standing up and demanding we stay out of their internal politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home