Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Jesus In Genesis 001

Over the years I have taught the Bible from the perspective taught to me as a youngster by Vernon McGee. Paraphrased: "If you want to truly love Jesus, find Him on every page of the Bible." I first heard that concept in the mid 1960's. At first I was not successful on my own, but from time to time Dr McGee would mention something that I'd write down. Those were truly exciting days because there was no such thing as "Christian Radio". I would hear Dr McGee on the same station I listened to my favorite top 40 music on.

I later discovered Arthur W. Pink, through the Bibliography in one of Dr McGee's books. That was a deep eye-opener. Then, as I began studying at seminary I started finding my own pictures of Jesus in the Old Testament.
After graduation, as I taught from this perspective, the folks I was sharing with started sharing pictures they saw. I kept track, as much as possible, and have little pieces of papers, notes in various Bibles, personal notebooks, and my faulty memory to create this series of blogs. My prayer is that someone will read these and share their own discoveries with me.

As I start this, I feel compelled to remind everyone that this type of study is extremely personal, and should never be doctrine for everyone. This type of Bible reading is when Jesus opens your eyes to a new truth - for you to share if you wish, but it is for you, and not a doctrine for everyone else to follow. I regard these blogs as love letters. Love that God shared with me directly and through others.

These are not truths others must believe, but love we can all share during this short journey together through Genesis. Feel free to comment whenever you feel moved to. -Rich

1 Comments:

Blogger Pictures & Poems... said...

I think this will be interesting to read...Jesus opens my eyes all the time..over and over.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home