Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Well, new year, same noise

Just heard Bush. Basically he's dropping all the military leaders who feel he's wrong and hiring on a bunch of "I always say yes the the commander" types. I guess I shouldn't have hoped for better leadership, but I did. 20,000 more Americans in Baghdad next month. Sheesh. We don't learn.

Loved the other quip, when Bush said Saddam Hussein had been given justice that "the thousands of people he killed had not". Yeah, right. And what about the tens of thousands of Iraquis dead at the hands of American leaders. Any chance at all in them seeing justice? What about the ones still being held in Guantanamo, even after the Supreme Court said it wasn't cool? Heck, we can keep pointing fingers. My favorite one here in Texas are the folks in Waco that will never see justice. Dead by the hands of fellow citizens for what cause? Money. It always comes down to that.

On another issue, I love this: "Based on current political trends, within 2 decades 95% of the school year will be devoted to testing." - Michael Giangreco. It's already at 35%, and I can see where some of the things we're hearing about will raise it to 40% within a year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Last I heard, Bush claimed he didn't watch the tape of Saddam being hanged..Do you believe that one? Now, as bad as he wanted that guy,you know he did...I did..they had it right on CNN.
When he fires people for saying they think he's wrong..it reminds me of old cowboy movies where the guy in the gang that wants to give up get's shot...
hope you have a great New Year...one that is 100% better than 06...

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home