Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Responding to a friend

> I
> just can't see myself 20 years from now wishing I'd
> held on to all them britney spears and ashley
> simpson albums. Gag!

Or even 2 hours from now. . .

> Now that your buddy GW is making us
> believe that $2.50/gallon gas is a bargin, the road
> trip doesn't seem that expensive.

LOL!!! Cracks me up that people think he's a saviour now. No one wants to believe gas prices will continue their upward climb after November. No one wants to believe the goverment controls energy prices. Why is it so few of us see through the games? Is it Lennon's fault? Did his preaching touch a tiny group of people? Did he open the eyes in our mind so far we can't shut them? Somewhere along the line I was able to see how we, as citizens of a free country, are manipulated day in and day out. But we refuse to believe that because we are "free". Die gedanken sind frei.

Living in Texas has opened my eyes to a few things. Teachers still teach about freedom and patriotism even though WalMart has closed down the small stores that used to be owned by their parents and friends in a little less than 5 years. We live in a ghost town with living ghosts wandering around looking bleaker and bleaker with each passing day knowing that it is impossible for the 120 kids graduating from school this year to find employment here.

> I see you added a few more posts since getting the
> sickness.

Added my first in quite awhile yesterday. May write some more may not. Thinking lately about the whole "faith" thing. My faith is secure - no one has been able to shake it from me. But I watch these guys blowing themselves up and I know that they can say exactly the same thing. And the more I think about faith, the more I realize the truth is 99% of people have unshakeable faith in something. The few that don't are either in asylums or leading churches out of fear of being discovered.

>Hope your
>weekend was a blast and you haven't been stricken
>down by them snot drippin grade schoolers yet.

I love them snot drippin grade schoolers. It's the adults I have problems with.

Saw one the other day talking to a kid. The kid was complaining about not wanting to do school work. The "adult" reamed into the poor 8 year old, "Do you think any of us want to work. You need to work because you're told to, not because you want to. No one wants to work, but we have to."

Imagine taking all your disappointments about life on a tiny kid. What kind of hope does a kid have when he hears stuff like that from a teacher? If the teacher hates herself that much, why is she teaching? Lord knows it's not because of the money. And how do you fix a kid who's just heard something like that? And why can't we just shoot adults that that and put them out of their misery. And And And...

Just had a thought - probably just gonna cut & paste this into my blog. Why not? Will save you the trouble of visiting the blog to see what I wrote. You get it all first hand. Only 2 or 3 others ever visit.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you'd bounce out of this...and let yourself be creative..you are still the best poet/songwriter/musician I've ever met. and I Have faith in you.
Piss on Bush, and snobby teachers...i work in the nursing field and it's the same thing..I know how you feel. But you can do something few people can do..Use that anger and show them all..
I miss you.I don't know who your talking to on this post but i checked and all the comments lately have been from me & my blogs...I didn't meen to upset you with my coments.
connie V. Ohio
connie v.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Cholla Needles said...

Connie - thanks for your note! I'm trying to come up with new music, etc. Maybe it's age? I'm not burnt out teachging - still loving that, but the music doesn't flow like it used to. I keep feeling like I'm repeating past successes instead of growing musically. It could be becuase the new challenges I have teaching this year are requiring constant creativity to keep the learning fresh. One never knows about these things, but I do know the kids are a prioroty for me this year.

The comments I responded to was from an e-mail, and weren't upsetting. Was just trying to vent some stuff. Sometimes I vent I see another perspective that I've been missing. Sometimes not.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad it wasn't me who upset you..you've been my friend too long now...25 years i believe...
and i do miss you & talking to you...I hope things start looking up..i visit your blog often and i'm happy to be seeing new post...i'm blog crazy - got all kinds of them now..and it's ALL YOUR FAULT..LOL....your the one who showed me my first blog..and now look at me.
Lots of faith and love
connie v.

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I re-readthis post and have to say..on one hand i think the teacher was too blunt to the kid..but on the other hand, she told the kid the truth, cold and hard as it is, it's the truth...my sister is a teacher in a poor school. and she said you'd cry at how some of the kids come to school. just cry when you saw where
they live...Kids do not choose to do home work. kids have to do homework or fail.just like in the adult world..we don't choose to go to work, we go to work or we don't get paid...simple as that...
i'd hate to be a teacher these days...it has to be stressfull..is there a right way or wrong way to help a kid succeed someday. Hopefuly this kid needed to hear that from someone and it will be a postive memory in their life, not a negative one..

10:21 AM  
Blogger Cholla Needles said...

Guess it depends on what you want kids to learn - that life is a beautiful gift from God or life a burden we have to survive.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a bit of both will make a strong kid...Most people are not teachers like you, who truly love kids. You are a good hearted person, and tend to be able to see things in a better light than others...You are one of the Great teachers, that kids will always remember...forever. This is good for all who are lucy enough to know you.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home