Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

First Day Of School

First I have to say you'll never know what you're going to find at http://www.theonion.com - Almost as funny as hearing Tiny Tim sing Hey Jude (cha-cha-cha).

Anyway, I was so caught up in rambling on and on in answer to an e-mail yesterday I forgot to celebrate the first day of school.

The very first words I heard out of one of my students yesterday morning was "I can't wait till Friday!" (GW). Great way to start the year - having students sound like factory workers!

So, today is the second day. Both days have been exciting & have kept me hopping. No dull moments, which means, of course, I'm not bored. It also means that the days go by super fast. At my age I don't want the days to go by this fast!

Have a new male on campus!!! And no, he's not a janitor; but yes, he is a coach. I'm working with him every afternoon & he's a blast to be around. His philosophy is very similar to mine - let's have fun and the kids will have fun!!! Makes the hour go by fast, which I am establishing a love/hate relationship with. I love it because I'm enjoying it. Kinda hating (not really hating - too strong a word - probably more like worrying) the fact that the faster each day goes by the sooner I'm no longer here having fun!!!

Felt my age this morning. Yesterday I was on the floor doing a crab walk with 100+ kids, woke up this morning with all kinds of aches in muscles I haven't used all summer =:-)

So, all is well in my world except for the headlines. Guess I should stick to reading the Onion and stay away from serious news sources!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home