Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Shiva In Shadow * Nancy Kress

I enjoyed the story because it was a page turning adventure & I missed the characters when the story was over. I'd consider this a just-for-fun story because it really didn't challenge my thinking. However, the writing was well done because the sci-fi portion of sending a mental memory of you off to another part of the galaxy in a probe wasn't a big leap - worked fine in the context of the story.

The People Of Sand And Slag by Paolo Bacigalupi, on the other hand, was a total waste of time. The plot was too slim to hold my interest; but a person who loves having animals hanging around a house might enjoy the story. Guess if I were in a proper mood I might do a bit of thinking about some of the moral questions brought up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home