Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Arlo 1968

I've been trying to track down a copy of this album so I can can hear The Pause Of Mr Clause. The complete lyrics are posted on-line, but it's not the same experience. My copy was covered with mold after a flood, and Carey, dear heart that he was, washed it for me (along with hundreds of others), and put it out in the sun to dry. That was years ago, and I'm over the trauma, but once in awhile I want to hear some things during my summer Christmas party.

Anyway, in my search for the album today I ran across this most interesting link - Arlo's court testimony during the Chicago 7 trial - this shoulda been filmed:

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Chicago7/Guthrie.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Editor's column Should 'citizen journalists' make cash from their snaps?
Pete Clifton, editor of the BBC News website, takes some flak for not paying for citizen journalism, and gets worryingly excited about great aunt Sylvia.
If you want, check out my secret Sony PS3 News blog.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song! I have it on an album too and it's getting a bit warped.. hee hee. The message is...well.. timeless, isn't it?

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home