Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Monday, September 29, 2008

The system works

Alright! I know it wasn't my letter, but I'm glad to know that congress was thinking along the same lines as me. Congress votes down bail-out plan. It's both surprising and gratifying that 65% of Republicans, usually known as the big business party, voted against it. Boo boo boo!!! To democrats who voted for the lobbyists over the American people. We often hear the democrats are for us and the Republicans for Big Business. Todays vote proved just the opposite. Weird, but true.

I'm really proud that my congress is awake, and I'm really sad that the two presidential hopefuls were asleep on this one. Does not bode well for the next 8 years to know that people as dumb as Bush are running. Except for the fact that checks and balances WORKS!!! I'm excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home