Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Got To Find A Hole To Hide In From Now On

I'm in a position this year to listen to kids sing praises to "the rockets red glare - the bombs bursting in air" every morning. Pisses me off every morning. Think I'm going to have to change my schedule and come in after the kids are done being brainwashed into thinking that's a good thing. I hate being angry first thing in the morning.

When you elect me Prez of the world this would be the edict: "No one may sing this song unless they have experienced bombs bursting in air", because I know that anyone who has truly experienced this will not sing about it. What kinda jerk decided this should be the song that represents our nation anyway? No wonder folks are so gung-ho to make sure we're constantly out dropping bombs people around the world. Oh, that and the fact there's huge profits behind it. Oops, we're not supposed to talk about that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Window Shots and poetry thoughts said...

I agree with what you're saying about that song...it used to bug me even as a kid...like it was putting glory on war..."bombs bursting in air"..is a sick line for a song sung in a classroom...i remember having to sing it and feeling sad as a little kid.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home