Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sheltered, Protected

There are depths I can’t travel, yet I feel I must. Bursting through is fearful because I foresee a period of pain. I worry that when chasing demons the angels will also flee for there will no longer be a need. Is there enough trust within me to stand naked before myself. That seems like a question, but it isn’t. Like when the computer sends out an unasked for warning – ‘you are not connected to any networks.’ There will be words to avoid of necessity because their meanings have escaped purpose in the world.

Nothing erodes the heart. It cannot become a smooth ball without becoming destroyed, thus as it flips through its stages the ache strengthens and knows it is there to remain. A voice creeping slyly without guile – not wisdom but experience. The words are notes the sentences chords the paragraph a movement in a symphony.

I’m on the beach with fruit flavored ice wondering my tongue. The Ramones were the catalyst. A cartoon band for young adults. Moving out of childhood into a world of music that both reminded me of my youthful joy and rebelled against the synthesizers that had taken over that soul of music. I did not belong in a world where the muse was violently removed from popular culture, yet I found myself there. The Ramones sheltered me, protected me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Window Shots and poetry thoughts said...

This seems more like poetry or prose than a post...
your poets heart can Not be hidden my friend....

2:31 PM  
Blogger Window Shots and poetry thoughts said...

I read where Bush wants to let underage kids sign up....plus that he wants to give new sign up's 2-40,ooo to join.
can you remember that old poster from the 70's??? I had one in my room. it said.. "what if they called a war and no one came?"
i guess the answer to that question is "offer them 40,000 dollars"..how can he offer the new guys a home after the ones over there are losing theirs? Where is our Senate and Congress? Rich, isn't their job to keep a eye on him and take over if need be? why are they turning their heads so much..
I Miss your thoughts on the world sometimes...
Bet youre busy with school starting..
Faith
Connie

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home