Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes

Below is a copy of some emails I sent to a colleague. It started off funny. I erased her name, but they are real:

--------------------------------------

From: Richard
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 10:32 AM

Subject: Out of the mouths of babes

This morning I was prepping seven kids for next week’s vocabulary. One of the words is students?

“What are students?” I asked.

“Kids that take tests” the first child replied.

“Children who are quiet and co-operative and do not wiggle in their chairs” another child replied.

When I told them that a student was someone who learns they all looked at me like I was nuts.

Witnesses: C. P. & N. M.

--------------------------

From: AW
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 11:23 AM
To: Richard
Subject: RE: Out of the mouths of babes

Definitions change over time: Teachers - "people who give tests"

--------------------------

From: Richard
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 11:35 AM
To: AW
Subject: RE: RE: Out of the mouths of babes

LOL!!!

--------------------------

From: AW
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 11:42 AM
To: Richard
Subject: RE:RE:RE: Out of the mouths of babes

Glad you think I’m funny. What’s wrong with this picture- I’m not laughing!

a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home