Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Philosophy of the World by the Shaggs

Man, oh man. If only, if only. Guess we can't change the past, but I know my world would be different if I had have heard this album in 1965. It is both inspiring and exciting. This is true punk music 10 years ahead of it's time. Now, of course, I can see more of the roots of punk than ever before - but man, oh man, I sure coulda used this album.

This is my first time hearing it, and already I know it's part of my heart. I don't know how I missed it. My mom, at least, could put up with Tiny Tim, but I am sure the Shaggs would have drove both my parents mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home