Sabinal Blue

Visiting The Thoughts Of Yet One More Person

Meanderings of an introverted dancer - a public school teacher with thoughts on music, politics, and life in the hills.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Day In The Life

I have my alarm set to play the radio. Cameblasting in today during the "noise" section of the Beatles & an orchestra performing A Day In The Life. Couldn't recognize it coming out of the dream state - was just blown away by all the noise. But I had to chuckle when the noise stopped momentarily, and the voice started chanting: "woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across myhead". Fun way to wake up.

Non-eventful day, which is always good.

At Bible study tonight we went through Genesis 22, the chapter that still continues to thrill me - the specific ways words are used proves to me that there is far more to a spiritual walk than is commonly taught in buildings with a public speaker known as a "preacher". Abraham goes to "worship" on his way to sacrifice his son. That alone tells me that worship is something other than singing songs in a public gathering. When I asked the question before the study tonight, I got various answers like singing, praising, etc. I've never been able t osee Abraham as praising God for this act. I can see him as obeying God;but my mental picture is similar to Christ in the garden praying three times: "take this cup from me". Yet, "not my will, but thine be done". My spiritual gut tells me this is true worship - in the spiritual sense; not in the culturally acceptable sense.

At the end of tonight's study I left with the tease: Who went down the mountain - according to the written word? It's easy to assume that Isaac went down with Abraham - heck, Abraham even promised the two witnesses that they would both return. Yet, verse 19 does not even mention Isaac. In my mind there's a reason for every given detail in the Bible, and there's a reason for every missing detail. Will be fun to see if anyone in the group comes up with the same conclusion I have- Isaac does not re-appear in the written record until the Holy Spirit (unnamed servant) arrives with the Bride!

Music I listened to mostly today was a mix set on my flash mp3 player of several artists including Iron & Wine. I'm liking the set more and more each time I hear it. First heard Iron & Wine on the Garden State movie soundtrack. I've been able to track down most of the official recordings, and am enjoying them very much when mixed in with other newer releases. Gets to be a bit much listening to the group by itself for 2 hours; but mixed in every 3rd or 4th song, it is truly a joyful experience. http://ironandwine.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home